Long ago and far away, in a little town called Alma, we went to a party that one of Marty's coworkers held. No idea what for at this point, but at the party a colleague named Cheryl Jacobs brought her white chicken chili. It was the first time I'd ever had it, and I LOVED it. She gave us the following recipe, and I've been making it ever since. It's so easy that a recipe isn't really required. In theory. Somehow, two out of three times I've made it I've somehow forgotten one of the ingredients.
White Chicken Chili - Cheryl Jacobs
1 lb chicken, parboiled and shredded (or use whatever quantity of canned or frozen chicken you have)
48 oz jar Great Northern beans
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese
8 oz salsa
2 tsp cumin
chicken broth as desired for consistency (I added this on my own)
Mix all ingredients in crock pot on high for 2 hours, or on stovetop on medium for 20 minutes. Serve with crushed tortilla chips and a little dab of sour cream on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment