from my cousin Amy Sterenberg Moulenbelt
1 C white rice flour (144g)
1 C brown rice flour (121g)
1 1/3 C potato starch (205g)
4 Tbsp tapioca flour (32g)
2 tsp sea salt (or table salt)
2 tsp xanthan gum
8 tsp instant yeast
8 tsp agave nectar or honey
3 1/2 c. very warm milk (use rice milk for dairy free)
1 C canola oil
2 eggs (or Flax gel for egg-free: mix together 6 tbsp hot water with 2 tbsp ground flaxseed - do this first and set aside while mixing remaining ingredients)
Preheat oven to 400.
1. mix flax gel if egg-free
2. add remaining ingredients to bowl
3. add eggs/flax gel to bowl
4. beat on medium with electric mixer until smooth
5. let rise for 15 min
6. pour circles on parchment lined cookie sheet
7. bake approximately 14 minutes, or until golden
These are best warm so eat immediately or freeze and toast before serving.
Those are my cousin Amy's instructions for her recipe. I make them with eggs and skim milk since gluten is the only allergen we're dealing with in this house. All I have to add is that none of the times I've made them do they resemble the pita pocket bread I'm familiar with. They've turned out a little more like large biscuits...but perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Regardless, Anna likes them and they're really good right out of the oven. We keep a bag of them in the freezer to use for sandwiches.
No comments:
Post a Comment